AUCD, the CDC, and HRSA are excited to announce the RFA for a new 2018-2019 cohort for the Act Early Ambassadors: State and Territorial Liaisons to CDC’s “Learn the Signs. Act Early.” Program. Please see the Act Early Ambassador Program overview below, and follow the link below to view and download the request for applications. The request for applications is also attached to this email.
RFA for CDC’s “Learn the Signs. Act Early.” 2018-19 Ambassador Program (PDF)
Act Early Ambassador Program Overview
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities and the Association of University Centers on Disabilities (AUCD), with support from the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), Maternal and Child Health Bureau (MCHB), announce a funding opportunity for Act Early Ambassadors to work with CDC’s “Learn the Signs. Act Early.” (LTSAE) program to improve early identification of developmental delays and disabilities, including autism, by:
• serving as a state or territorial point-of-contact for the national LTSAE program;
• supporting the work of Act Early Teams and other state/territorial or national initiatives to improve early identification of developmental delay and disability; and
• promoting the adoption and integration of LTSAE resources, including materials to support developmental monitoring (Milestone Tracker app, milestone checklists, Milestone Moments booklet, LTSAE children’s books, Milestones in Action image library, etc.) and professional education tools (“Watch Me! Celebrating Milestones and Sharing Concerns” online training for early care and education providers) into systems that serve young children and their families or train those who serve young children and their families.
Up to 11 Act Early Ambassadors representing the following states and territories: Alaska, American Samoa, Arkansas, Delaware, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Northern Mariana Islands, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Wyoming will be funded; no more than 1 per state or territory listed.
• RFA Released: December 12, 2017
• Informational Call: January 10, 2018, 3:30pmET
• Applications Due: January 18, 2018
• Ambassadors Notified By: February 1, 2018
• Orientation Call: February 27, 2018, 2pmET
• Ambassador Training (Atlanta, GA): March 14-15, 2018
For additional questions, contact Danielle Webber, Act Early Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.