As 2017 comes to a close, I want to personally thank you for your generosity and support. It has been an exceptionally productive year for the Autism Society of America, and none of this would be possible without your help. Because of you, the Autism Society continued progress toward helping individuals with autism and their families.
• We provided information and referral support to over 300,000 individuals and families impacted by autism through our Autism Source™ Contact Center and robust online Resource Database.
• Our nationwide network of 90 state and local Autism Society Affiliates answered the call for over 360,000 families and individuals navigating the autism journey in communities across the United States.
• We partnered with over 4,300 businesses and organizations to advance the wellbeing of all impacted by autism including AMC Theaters, which regularly have Sensory Friendly Screenings shown all over the country.
• We trained more than 12,000 law enforcement officials and first responders to foster safe, open, and positive interactions between public safety officials and members of the autism community.
• We successfully advocated for federal and state legislation that enables people impacted by autism to live in communities, access education opportunities, and improve employment outcomes, and ultimately achieve the highest quality of life.
Help us keep up the momentum in 2018. Our work is only possible with the support of dedicated and caring individuals like you. Please make a donation today. Together we can change the world for individuals with autism and their families.
Vice President of Development